This Week in the Mercury

Lauren Groff's Scenes from a Marriage


Lauren Groff's Scenes from a Marriage

Fates and Furies: How Well Can You Ever Know Another Person?

<i>Little Gem</i> Gets the Staging It Deserves


Little Gem Gets the Staging It Deserves

Corrib's Production Gets Out of the Pub and Onto the Boards

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Get a "First Listen" to Black Prairie

Posted by Ezra Ace Caraeff on Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:24 AM


If April 6 can't come soon enough for you, click on over to NPR for a first peak of Feast of the Hunters' Moon, the latest soundtrack from the Twilight films.

Wait, what? Feast of the Hunters' Moon isn't about werewolves with chiseled abs? It's the debut album from Black Prairie? Huh, who knew?

Black Prairie is made up of 60% Decemberist (the remaining 40% is carbon), and their lovely expanded take on (mostly instrumental) bluegrass makes for one fine recording. The band's CD release, and Portland debut, will be this Thursday at the Woods.


Subscribe to this thread:

Comments are closed.

All contents © Index Newspapers, LLC

115 SW Ash St. Suite 600
Portland, OR 97204

Contact Info | Privacy Policy | Production Guidelines | Terms of Use | Takedown Policy