Stephen Malkmus Fun Facts™:
• Stephen Malkmus, along with his dedicated backing band of Jicks, recently released Mirror Traffic. It's his best solo work to date. Really, it's quite impressive.
• Mirror Traffic was produced by Beck. Not him, not him, and definitely not him. This guy.
• Malkmus once gave up a home run to a certain handsome local music editor during a very important softball game. Congratulations, Casey Jarman!
• He invented indie rock or something in his last band, Pavement. He also invented Pavement. We'd be driving on dirt if it wasn't for Malkmus.
• You won free tickets to see him, thanks to this blog.
Fun Facts™ don't lie. We have a pair of tickets to see Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks (plus killer opening act Ty Segall) at the Crystal Ballroom on Thursday, October 13. It's Malkmus' first homecoming show since the release of Mirror Traffic and his recent relocation from Portland to Berlin. To win these tickets, just comment below and explain why you deserve to attend this show. Best comment by Monday 8am will be the glorious winner. Good luck.
Think commenting is for the birds? Just buy your tickets right here.
Tip for End Hits?
Email them here.
Get the best of the Mercury each week in your inbox!