• Agalloch! It's just fun to say. The Portland-area elemental metal band have a new album, and if you thought it would be a slapdash affair with tossed-off two- and three-minute tunes—then you don't know Agalloch.
• Florida's Floor broke up, once, but they're back, and with new material to boot. The melodic sludgers' fanbase has grown in the interim, too.
• Our Q&A with RiFF RAFF contains the following phrase: "Having your own line of sandals is disrespectful to haters." The context? Well, that's not really important, is it?
• Plus! Our rundown of this week's best all-ages shows in All-Ages Action!
• And a hearty dollop of this week's Up & Coming show previews.
Tip for End Hits?
Email them here.
Get the best of the Mercury each week in your inbox!